Wasp Pest Control In Melbourne
While many people confuse them for bees there are many differences between wasps and your average honey bee. If you notice there are wasps around your home or workplace, or have encountered a hive growing near your home, be sure to contact the wasp pest control experts at Bye Bye Pests as soon as possible.
If left untreated, wasps will increase in numbers exceedingly fast and can be of a significant safety risk to you, your family and pets. Bees on the other hand are only really a risk if you are allergic or if there is a hive in an unsafe area like inside your home, your pipes, near your pets or near your doorways and windows. It’s very helpful to know the difference when you are requesting help.
The Difference Between Wasps and Bees
- Wasps have little to no hair, unlike bees which are hairy.
- Wasp bodies are smoother and shinier in appearance than bees.
- Wasps can get a bit bigger than bees although they are generally in a similar range.
- The yellow colour of wasps is brighter than bees.
- Wasps have a longer body and are more oval in shape compared to round bees.
- Unlike bees, wasps do not die after stinging.
- Wasps eat, and are attracted to: sugary drinks, other smaller insects and food waste. Bees will only consume nectar from flowers.
- Wasps tend to be aggressive, bees are much more gentle-natured.
- Wasps are a lot more likely to sting humans and animals and can do so repeatedly.
- Wasps do not pollinate flowers.
- You are more likely to notice wasps’ legs hanging down when they are flying whereas you usually will not see bees’ legs as they are hidden.
If you have a wasp infestation at your Melbourne property, whether it’s a residential or commercial premises, you should contact our bee pest control team fast. We will identify the level of risk and effectively remove the wasps from your home and treat the area.
How To Identify A Wasp Nest
Wasp nests are distinctive in their form and significantly different to bee hives or other kinds of insect nests. You will usually find them outdoors at a height in places like trees, garages, sheds, gazebos, coverings or roof spaces in general.
They are usually darker in colour as they create their nests from chewed up wood pulp and saliva. They may look papery and delicate in appearance and start off as small round and ball-shaped. A small ping pong ball sized wasp nest can house 12 or more worker wasps inside so do not underestimate the risks of a small nest. A major indicator that the structure is definitely a wasp nest is that you will notice one wasp hanging around it most of the time. This is the queen wasp.
If you suspect or know you have a wasp nest at your premises, do not delay in calling our Melbourne wasp control team. At Bye Bye Pests, we will effectively treat your home or business so that it is completely free of wasps and other pests, and unlikely to attract them to return. We ensure that our methods used are safe and minimal in their impact on the environment.
We also provide ongoing maintenance and monitoring services to prevent new infestations from occurring. This is ideal for commercial clients.
Commercial Wasp Pest Control
If you’ve spotted wasps or a wasp nest at your Melbourne workplace, take no chances and contact Bye Bye Pests for fast, safe and effective wasp removal and treatment services. A wasp infestation in the workplace is a serious health and safety concern for your Melbourne business. Not only can it be endangering to customers, employees and visitors but if left untreated, will lead to poor results in any OH&S check or audit which could lead to serious consequences or, closure of your company.
We will provide you with the safest and most appropriate treatment solution for your situation that will also aid in preventing future re-occurrence of the infestation. Our team can also perform ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure you never experience a wasp infestation at your commercial premises again.
We treat all of the following commercial spaces:
- Commercial sector
- Hotels, Motels and accommodation providers
- Bed & Breakfasts, Serviced Apartments & more
- Industrial sector
- Retail sector
- Childcare centres
- Health and wellness centres
Free Quotes On Our Wasp Pest Control Services
The cost of our wasp pest control service will vary depending on the size, location and area of your building that needs treatment, the complexity of the job and whether we are dealing with multiple hives.
To get a better idea of what you can expect in terms of cost and exactly what our bee pest control and management services will entail, give us a call or fill out our online form here for a free quote today.